The first night and a day after the procedure:
- Avoid touching hitting or scratching your head. You must take extreme caution when entering low roofed areas like cars and aircraft. Bend slightly more than normal.
- Drink lots of water, do not use extra salt or sugar in your food.
- Do not put extra pressure on your stomach area. Your movements should be slow and not rapid.
- Sleep on double pillows your head elevated facing upwards at least for the first 5 nights.
- Apply ice-pack on your forehead every two hours for 5 minutes.
Within 2 weeks after the procedure:
- Wear a cap while going outside to protect the recipient area.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for the first week after the surgery.
- Shampoo your head gently twice a day with mild warm water and the shampoo provided by your doctor. Dry the head by gently patting with a towel.
- Avoid doing strenuous exercises.
- Do not go for swimming the first few days after surgery until the crusts are out and your scalp is completely healed.
- If you normally wear wigs or prosthesis, do not wear them for this period
- Avoid multivitamins, aspirin 3 days after the surgery.