Awards and Responsibilities
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Turkish Dermatology Association – Hair Diseases Working Group- Executive Committee Member- 2016
- Turkish Dermatology Aesthetic Cosmetic Society; Executive Committee Member of the Dermatology Working Group 2013-2014, 2016-
- Cutera Aesthetic Laser Company (USA), Middle East Regional consultant physician (2015)
- Instructing doctor of Radiesse Calcium Apatite filler, Turkey – 2014
- Treasurer Of Turkish Society Of Dermatologic Surgery – 2014
- Turkish Society Of Dermatology; Executive Committee Member of the Professional Issues Working Group, 2010
Dr Civas was the first Turkish Surgeon to be certified with the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) one of the most prestigious diploma in hair surgery in the world after passing the qualifying examination.
For the first time in the world, by comparing three different FUE instruments, Dr. Civas determined the damages of FUE; work which shed a light on limitations and determining the appropriate candidate of FUE. The work was presented in the Madrid meeting of the ESHRS (European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) and was also published in the ISHRS journal (International Society of Hair Surgery).
Civas was the second in the world to research hair transplantation for Alopecia Areata, and his publication was accepted as a scientific paper. His work on techniques of hair transplantation on scars on the scalp, beard, eyebrows, and moustache as a result of burn accidents and their case studies were recognized as part of the large scale series works in the ISHRS congress in Boston
Civas wrote a chapter “vascular lesions nd-yag use” in a book about ND YaG lazer use that was published and printed by Nova Publisher in America
Dr Civas is the head editor of the special issue of “Hair Transplant” in one of Turkey’s most prestigious scientific medical journal called Turkish Clinics Journal; which is the first book on hair transplantation to be published in Turkey.
Dr Civas served as head moderator of the “hair Transplantation Course” held for the first time in the Prof. Dr. Lütfü Tat XXI Dermatology Congress