I came across a very nice article that tries to answer some of our assumptions on hair loss; The facts are well stated below:
- Balding is caused by shrinking of follicles leading to thinning of hair other than massive amounts of hair loss.
- Hair loss is inherited from the both the mother and fathers side. Not just the mothers side.
- Hair loss progresses with age and the earlier ones hair loss starts, the more bald you may end up as you age
- Hair loss is not caused by too much testosterone.
- Caps or wigs do not cause hair thinning.
- Androgenic hair loss cannot be treated by shampoo.
- Both men and women suffer from genetic hair loss
- Medications like Rogaine, Minoxidil and Propecia only help slow down hair loss.