I have lost my 8o% hair in the frontal part of my head. My hairline is damaged and my hair is still falling from upper part. I want to have hair transplant. I want to know how much grafts I need and which technique will be better FUE or FUT
Regarding FUE or FUT, in my opinion, both methods are equally effective as long as the surgeon is skilled and experienced. Both methods can extract a good number of grafts, with low transection if the doctor is skilled. Graft implantation is the same for both methods. There are only a few considerations that should influence the patients choice; for example if you select FUT be sure that the linear scar at the back of your head will be visible with short hair, when you select FUE, there is a chance that you will have to shave the whole head before surgery. Select the consequence that you can live with easily.
Here are the most significant differences:
FUT Strip Technique
- Does not require shaving all the hair.
- Leaves a thin linear scar at the donor area, however if done carefully the scar can be unnoticeable.
- As FUT is an invasive technique it can not be used in patients with susceptibility to keloids.
- Healing process is longer than FUE method.
- Microscopic dissection must be carefully done in order to maximize graft survival hence bring out desired results.
- With this method natural results can be achieved by highly qualified surgeon and team.
- Advances in medical technology using latest devices in FUE allows high quality hair transplantation in good candidates resulting in higher graft yield.
- Grafts are removed one by one using manual or motor devices. It does not require a strip cut out of the donor area.
- Only tiny scars could be temporarily visible on the nape of the scalp that heal naturally without need for stitches or bandages, hence no significant trace even you trim your hair to zero cut.
- FUE technique patients heal faster than FUT, less pain is experienced and one week after the transplant, the patient is completely healed.
- Can be used when donor hair comes from the body (chest, legs, beard)
- In repairing a poorly performed hair transplant, FUE provides the flexibility to re-position and rotate grafts.
- This technique allows graft transfer to inaccessible areas.
- Exhibits natural results in facial i.e. eyebrow, beard and mustache hair transplant.
- FUE requires shaving. By the end of 10-15 days post-op nobody will be able to detect the procedure.
With regards to the number of grafts needed, you need to send clear close photos of your scalp (front, crown, back and sides of your head) to [email protected] or by Whatsapp to +90 549 437 0738. From there we can be able to tell an estimate of the number of grafts that can be extracted. You can also submit your details through our free online hair transplant consultation Form.