Corona viruses also known as COVID-19 are a family of viruses that can cause illnesses such as the common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). In 2019, a new corona virus was identified as the cause of a disease outbreak that originated in China
In the interest of patients undergoing hair transplant and other hair restorative procedures, the ISHRS has issued the following recommendations to help protect patients from getting infected with COVID-19 and inform patients of possible modifications that should be expected in their physicians/surgeons’ practices.
Where applicable, local governmental instructions regarding the carrying out of hair transplant practice may supersede the recommendations in this document.
(1) Know your health status
Keep informed about signs of infection, how to avoid infection, what to do if you feel you have become infected, and how to protect others.
(2) Follow personal protection guidelines.
You should strictly follow all governmental guidelines for stay at home, social distancing, hand sanitizing, and use of masks/facial coverings.
(3) Look for a clinic that is a “COVID-Protected Facility”
A COVID-protected facility…
- Routinely asks patients for a relevant COVID-19 history of their own health and their contacts. It is important that patients provide accurate information.
- Follows social distancing guidelines by limiting contact of patients with one another whether in consultation or in a procedure and will arrange waiting room seating accordingly.
- Uses suitable equipment/PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) or another equivalent governmental agency.
- Routinely uses relevant health histories and daily temperature monitoring of all clinic staff and patients as part of their strategy to prevent contagion. Additionally, and where available, follows all government guidelines on use of testing to monitor staff.
- In addition to using proper PPE, it uses appropriate cleansing, disinfecting and sterilization procedures throughout the office/clinic. Also, uses proper waste disposal methods for any materials that could be contaminated.
- Assures the public that the staff have received additional training with regards to proper COVID-19 infection control methods.
- And perhaps most importantly, the surgeon you have chosen is the one performing the surgical steps of your procedure, rather than delegating it to unlicensed technicians.
Protection guidelines at Civas hair Transplant clinic
At Civas Hair Transplant that is best hair transplant clinic in Turkey we have put in place safety guidelines to ensure a COVID-19 free Clinic, our clinic spacious and well ventilated. Our staffs have working stations spacey allocated around the Clinic practicing social distance.
Masks should be worn by the staff at all times in and around the clinic to prevent the spread of the virus. Extra masks are provided at the clinic for both the staff and the clients to change during the day.
All patients are supposed to wear masks at all times in and around the clinic. During the patients checkups and treatment masks should be worn.
All patients and staff members should keep social distance while at the clinic.
All patients should come to the clinic according to their appointment dates so that the clinic is not over crowded and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Walk in patients are to be given appointments dates for their treatment.
Hand sanitation should be maintained at the clinic, patients are advised to wash their hands at all times with antibacterial soap.
Nurses should change into clinical attire during their work at the clinic.
All physical contact with should be avoided at the clinic by both patients and staff. Clinical gloves should be worn during examinations.
The clinic and medical tools should be properly disinfected before and after use.
Routine COVID-19 tests for the staff members are taken to control the spread.