Sapphire Hair Transplant
Sapphire hair transplant is hair transplantation performed using special devices manufactured from the gemstone sapphire/ sapphire mineral via FUE technique, resulting in a better and perfectly natural looking finish. During Sapphire FUE technique, hair follicles are taken with the FUE technique, before being placed in the bald area, micro channels are opened into the scalp of the recipient and the follicles are implanted in these minuscule channels.
The change and increase in technology advancements taking place on a day to day basis, has paved the way for the development of new, more innovative hair transplant techniques. This technique has significantly shaped the landscape of modern hair transplantation. With sapphire hair transplantation, you can reach the quality of hair you desire and the strong image appearance.
Advantages of Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant
- The recovery period in the classical FUE Technique is usually approximately 1 month after the operation, but in the Sapphire FUE technique, the head heals in a week which a more faster healing process.
- The scars are much less when the channels are opened with sapphire blades than other techniques.
- Channels opened with Sapphire Blade protect hair follicles better and increase their efficiency.
- Hair direction is more natural with sapphire FUE.
- It can be planted more densely.
- The productivity of planted grafts is more efficient.
What is the difference between Sapphire FUE and Classical FUE?
- The blades used during Sapphire FUE hold anti-bacterial qualities and are much sharper, stronger than in normal FUE.
- Minimum tissue damage, compared to making the incisions with metal bistouries.
- Sapphire tips are sharper compared to the metal slits, this enables the implantation of a higher number of grafts with the sapphire FUE technique.
- A higher amount of grafts can be implanted with the Sapphire FUE technique.
- The recovery period after classical FUE can take a bit longer.
- Higher success rate and better results compared to classical FUE.
- The results after this procedure are denser and look very natural.
Does a Sapphire FUE hair transplant leave scarring?
Sapphire Hair Transplant uses blades made of sapphire instead of regular steel blades to create incisions on the scalp for implantation. It uses sapphire stone as the material for the blades; this influences the shape of the blade and consequently the overall end result.
Sapphire blades have a V-shaped pin as opposed to the regular U-shaped pin of steel blades. This sharp edge of sapphire blades however helps make more accurate incisions resulting in smaller channels; and thereby eliminating the risk of irritating the neighbor hair follicles and scarring.
All cuts during a hair transplant procedure will leave some degree of scarring but the good news is with sapphire FUE the scarring is less and almost invisible. It is best to discuss the details of the procedure with your surgeon since all doctors have slightly different pre and post operative instructions.
What is the duration of the surgery?
The duration of a sapphire FUE hair transplant depends on how many grafts needed to be extracted and transplanted, if the grafts are many in number the duration is more than the usual time and vice versa but it normally takes 8-10 hours on average for it to be completed.
Are you a good candidate for Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant?
You should know beforehand if you are a suitable candidate for Sapphire FUE hair transplant. During our online consultations, the foreign representatives provide all the information as advised by the main surgeon. Deciding to undergo a hair transplantation procedure does not automatically make you a candidate for the operation as there are several parameters.
The following factors should be considered for good candidacy:
- Do you have hair loss stemming from conditions such as a trauma, androgynous type of hair loss or traction alopecia, you can opt for Sapphire FUE transplant as a hair restoration method.
- Just like with any type of hair transplant technique, the density of your hair at the donor site is one of the most prominent determining factors regarding the Sapphire FUE. If you a have sufficient number of hairs at the back your scalp also known as the donor area, then you will be considered as a good candidate for the surgery.
- Whether you have relatively minor hair loss or shed a major amount of your hair, you are still able to undergo Sapphire FUE operation without complications.
- Age is a determining factor in this case, for patients who are too old or even too young it’s advisable for them to consult the main surgeon before the surgery.