About Dr. Ekrem Civas
Dr. Ekrem Civas was born in 1971. After completing medical school from Dicle University in 1993, he completed his residency in dermatology in 1999. He worked and trained in various local and international institutions in the field of dermatology and hair loss until 2007 when he resigned from the Dermatological department of Ankara Numune Hospital to establish his own private practice in Ankara. He still continues to work in his own private clinic.
Having developed interest in the field of hair transplantation from 1999, he underwent international training and practice in hair transplantation from 2003-2007 in Poland, Canada, New York Hair loss center America, Sweden and Spain. Since 1999-2006 he performed FUT hair transplant surgery, and from 2006, with the development of the FUE technology, Dr. Civas has continuously improved his expertise in FUE. He has by now done over 3000 hair transplant surgeries. He is also a hair loss diagnosis and treatment specialist for men and women. Currently he is pioneering the research on the Cosmetic hair restoration for cicatricial alopecia patients through FUE surgical hair transplant.
Training in Cutera Academy in New York and Barcelona in 2009, Dr. Civas advanced his dermatological expertise in the correction of skin problems with laser. Some of the practices he is currently doing in this field are skin rejuvenation with laser, laser spot treatment, laser wart removal, laser treatment for varicose veins and capillaries, toenail fungus treatment with laser, hair loss treatment with laser and laser hair removal.
From 2001, Dr. Civas began building his experience in Botox and Filler injections and face shaping practice by participating in international meetings and courses in this subject to achieve long lasting and natural results. He performs Botox injections to reduce wrinkles and to treat migraines and excessive sweating.
Dr. Civas has been devoted to doing lots of research work on hair transplantation and dermatology that has been nationally and internationally published. He has participated in 47 national and international scientific meetings and conferences as an educator and speaker, published 2 books, 27 scientific articles and 22 scientific posters.
He received the American Board certificate in 2011 and was accepted as an International Fellow in 2015. He became the first physician to receive this title in Turkey.
He is married and a father of two children.
- 1999 – Dr. Ekrem Civas Established Civas Clinic and took hair transplant training in Istanbul, Turkey
- 2003-2007 – Hair transplant practice in Poland, Canada, New York, Sweden and Spain
- 1999-2006 – FUT practice
- 2006-2015 – FUE and FUT practice
- 2011- First and only Doctor in Turkey to be ABHRS Certified
- 16 years experience
- Over 3500 successful hair restoration surgeries for women and men
- Scientific Research in cosmetic hair restoration for primary and secondary cicatricial alopecia
- 2015 – Attained ISHRS Fellow status (FISHRS) – First and only FISHRS doctor in Turkey
Dr. Ekrem Civas training and experience in dermatology
- 2009 – Training in Cutera Academy in New York and Barcelona – Laser applications in dermatology
- 2009-2015 – Practice in skin rejuvenation with laser, laser spot treatment, laser wart removal, laser treatment for varicose veins and capillaries, toenail fungus treatment with laser, hair loss treatment with laser and laser hair removal.
- 2001-2015 – Botox and Filler injections and face shaping practice – Botox injections for wrinkles, migraines and excessive sweating.
- Dr. Ekrem Civas has participated in 47 national and international scientific meetings as a speaker and educator
- Published 2 books on hair transplant
- Written 27 scientific articles that have been internationally recognized.
- 22 scientific posters presented in international and national conferences